Vacancy - Engineering Manager 126jc
|Location:||Park Royal, London|
|Salary:||circa £45k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Its principal areas of business are systems design and installation, sales of equipment, equipment hire, repairs and maintenance and aerial and airtime rental. Principal customers include the MoD for its radio communications installations in Germany, Cyprus and Gibraltar; the majority of the fire services in the UK; and G4S.
You will be reporting directly to the board of directors, the Engineering Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of the engineering function of the company including the management of the engineering department comprising twelve members of staff, and project planning and management.
The Post Holder sits on the management committee with the company’s Sales Director, Operations Director, Finance Director and Service Delivery Manager
The successful individual will have a background in communications engineering, preferably radio communications; have had responsibility for managing both field and workshop based engineers spread across the UK; and experience of project planning and management, from tendering to project initiation, design and delivery.
Therefore your main responsibilities will include:
• Daily planning for completion of field engineering tasks, including preparation of all technical and Health & Safety documentation.
• Daily technical and project planning support for the company’s sales team.
• All aspects of HR and payroll for the engineering department.
• Forward planning and organization of all engineers for pager duties and overseas travel.
• Reporting and efficiency analysis of electronic time sheet management for the company’s engineers.
• Co-operative work with the operations department for planning and delivery of sales orders.
• Ongoing training and development of the engineering department.
• Review, development and implementation of engineering standard operating procedures.
• Attendance of weekly management meetings and completion of the actions that arise therefrom.
• Enforcing engineering standards across the department; including site visits, system inspections and document reviews.
• Support of the sales team for tender submissions; to include technical input, engineering planning and customer meetings.
• Ensuring that all documentation is correctly completed, actioned and filed by both the sales and engineering departments to comply with the company’s operating procedures and ISO accreditations.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good standard of education.
• Good literacy and numeric skills.
• Good computer skills
• Disclosure Scotland
• RF product manufacturer training/certification (desired)
• IP networking qualifications (d)
• Project management qualifications (d)
• RF installation experience
• PMR/DMR products
• Experience in fault finding across a multitude of telecommunication platforms.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Engineering management experience
• Advanced RF system experience (d)
• IP networking experience (d)
• Project management experience (d)
• Process and procedure driven.
• Excellent written and telephone communication skills.
• Keen eye for attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team.
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to cope under pressure.
• Ability to manage change.
• Commitment to own personal development. (d)
• Creative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion. (d)
• Willingness to work unsociable hours at short notice if needed. (d)
• ‘’can do attitude’’ (d)
The idea individual will be one of two types of individuals, either a Junior Officer, e.g., Captain level who has experience in managing workshop environments within the Army, Navy or RAF or perhaps a SNCO/WO ex Tiffy or Foreman of Signals type individual who is seeking his first step into the commercial sector in a company that is seeking to develop him in the longer term to a more senior type role.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary plus a company car. 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service, plus public holidays.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
24 November 2017
Systems Design Engineer – Specialist Communication Systems Integration 2
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Excellent Expat Package
Excellent Expat Package
22 September 2017
- Boscombe Down
- Attractive Package
24 November 2017
Programme Manager - Special Systems
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Excellent Expat Package
Excellent Expat Package
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Over the years I have registered with several different agencies (civilian and military) and not one has ever been of any use to me whatsoever, either not finding me any work or, worse, sending me to assignments which were totally unsuitable.
It was only by chance that a colleague told me of Ex-Mil Recruitment and I registered with you and you responded by return, since which time you have been in regular communication with me, giving advice and guidance and most especially close liaison with the employer offering the vacancy.
With your assistance I attended two interviews, the first to make selection from several candidates which whittled us down to three and the second (yesterday) to make a final decision from the three remaining, from which I was delighted to be offered the post.
This is all down to your personal excellent communications and liaison and I am most grateful.
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering
I would definitely recommend them for future use for other roles in the business for the following reasons:
1. Quick response time
2. Good probing techniques to ensure they passed on the correct candidates from the paper sift
3. Polite and professional
4. Good calibre of candidate
David C., Community Regeneration Company