Engineering Manager (126jc)
Its principal areas of business are systems design and installation, sales of equipment, equipment hire, repairs and maintenance and aerial and airtime rental. Principal customers include the MoD for its radio communications installations in Germany, Cyprus and Gibraltar; the majority of the fire services in the UK; and G4S.
You will be reporting directly to the board of directors, the Engineering Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of the engineering function of the company including the management of the engineering department comprising twelve members of staff, and project planning and management.
The Post Holder sits on the management committee with the company’s Sales Director, Operations Director, Finance Director and Service Delivery Manager
The successful individual will have a background in communications engineering, preferably radio communications; have had responsibility for managing both field and workshop based engineers spread across the UK; and experience of project planning and management, from tendering to project initiation, design and delivery.
Therefore your main responsibilities will include:
• Daily planning for completion of field engineering tasks, including preparation of all technical and Health & Safety documentation.
• Daily technical and project planning support for the company’s sales team.
• All aspects of HR and payroll for the engineering department.
• Forward planning and organization of all engineers for pager duties and overseas travel.
• Reporting and efficiency analysis of electronic time sheet management for the company’s engineers.
• Co-operative work with the operations department for planning and delivery of sales orders.
• Ongoing training and development of the engineering department.
• Review, development and implementation of engineering standard operating procedures.
• Attendance of weekly management meetings and completion of the actions that arise therefrom.
• Enforcing engineering standards across the department; including site visits, system inspections and document reviews.
• Support of the sales team for tender submissions; to include technical input, engineering planning and customer meetings.
• Ensuring that all documentation is correctly completed, actioned and filed by both the sales and engineering departments to comply with the company’s operating procedures and ISO accreditations.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good standard of education.
• Good literacy and numeric skills.
• Good computer skills
• Disclosure Scotland
• RF product manufacturer training/certification (desired)
• IP networking qualifications (d)
• Project management qualifications (d)
• RF installation experience
• PMR/DMR products
• Experience in fault finding across a multitude of telecommunication platforms.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Engineering management experience
• Advanced RF system experience (d)
• IP networking experience (d)
• Project management experience (d)
• Process and procedure driven.
• Excellent written and telephone communication skills.
• Keen eye for attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team.
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to cope under pressure.
• Ability to manage change.
• Commitment to own personal development. (d)
• Creative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion. (d)
• Willingness to work unsociable hours at short notice if needed. (d)
• ‘’can do attitude’’ (d)
The idea individual will be one of two types of individuals, either a Junior Officer, e.g., Captain level who has experience in managing workshop environments within the Army, Navy or RAF or perhaps a SNCO/WO ex Tiffy or Foreman of Signals type individual who is seeking his first step into the commercial sector in a company that is seeking to develop him in the longer term to a more senior type role.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary plus a company car. 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service, plus public holidays.
Night Manager (Home Counties) -134sk – Milton Keynes £30-35k
Food Services Manager
Excellent Ex-Pat Package
Dining Facility Supervisor
Excellent Ex-Pat Package
I have worked with Jean Claude both in the same organisation and along side him in on business projects. I can honestly say that I have yet to meet an individual in the field of recruitment that puts as much effort and hard work into any recruitment project he works on. He is honest and thorough, his determination gets results.
Owner, LC Resourcing Ltd.