Vacancy - Senior Design Engineer 163jc
|Salary:||£45k + Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and your role will to design, develop and implement innovative electro-mechanical design solutions from initial customer enquiry through to production. Conducting design, development and prototyping of complex electronic systems for specialised secure applications, in line with all applicable legislation and company directives. Support Production, Sales and TEMPEST teams as products progress
through all stages of the product lifecycle.
Therefore, your mail responsibilities will include:
• Create innovative design solutions to comply with customer product specification and within budgetary targets.
• Work as an integral part of the design and development team to identify and recommend TEMPEST control and functional approaches to ensure compliance with UK and NATO standards, during the conceptual phase of product development through to volume production.
• Develop strong working relationships with other team members and functions to ensure that designs are fit for purpose and are capable of being manufactured cost efficiently.
• Provide technical support and mentoring to colleagues and team members ensuring knowledge and experience is shared adding to company growth and building a culture of continuous learning.
• Problem solving of design related issues on existing and new product developments
• Prepare cost estimates of NRE, test programmes, product costings and technical response documents to support Sales with bid activities and proposals to customers.
• Create, manage and release design documentation and Bills of Materials in accordance with company, customer and BSI Standards
• Maintain a continuous assessment of new technologies and procedures, which may be appropriate to incorporate into future products and processes to enable company growth and development.
• Support the Engineering function to ensure efficient and effective processes.
• Support and contribute to an atmosphere of innovation within the team, provide inspiration and support on new product developments
• Ensure and consolidate the growth of the technical “know-how” within the department is shared and constantly increased.
• Work towards personal and developmental SMART Objectives
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Degree in Electrical & Electronic with a minimum of 5 years design experience.
• Strong understanding of modern design practices, manufacturing/prototyping processes, and their costs drivers.
• Experience in working in a regulated industry, understanding data storage criteria and handling sensitive information up to UK Secret.
• Strong technical and communications skills - able to sell the virtues of our technology/solutions to the customer.
• Understanding of quality standards and systems. Able to work within an ISO 9001 environment.
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics.
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently under minimum supervision.
• Must have good attention to detail, analytical and a problem solver, must be able to produce clear and concise design documentation with a “right first time” attitude.
• Understand the impact of design decisions on cost, timings and production build.
• Have a general interest in IT equipment and uses in the secure and rugged markets
• Basic knowledge of UK TEMPEST standards, E.g. SDIP55, SDIP 27 & SDIP 29.
• Basic knowledge of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards, E.G. Mil Stan 810, 461, Def Stan 00-35 & Def Stan 59-411.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to obtain SC/DV clearance.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 25 days + 8 days bank holiday, 38hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
29 October 2019
International Sales Manager
15 January 2020
Principal Through Life Engineer
- £ Competitive
23 August 2019
- Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
17 January 2020
Motor Vehicle Technician
- Camberwell, London
- £35,400 + OT +Benefits
£35,400 + OT +Benefits
17 January 2020
Digital RF System Engineer
- Herford and Watford
17 January 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based covering the whole of the UK
- up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering