Vacancy - Test Technician 178jc
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to Manufacturing Manager or Supervisor and your role will be to align and test RF and Microwave components and sub-assemblies using a range of manual and automated test stations. At times, work will involve some product assembly prior to test
Therefore, your main responsibilities will include:
• To align and test RF and Microwave products
• Work to clearly defined goals with respect to quality, output and timescale
• To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the relevant test procedures and specifications
• Attend departmental meetings as required.
• Being flexible between processes where appropriate training has been given.
• Provide timely feedback to supervisor / manager on any technical or quality issues that arise
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reduction
• Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the CATS/PDC system
• Assist with any Lean Six Sigma initiatives as required
• To be flexible within reason, in terms of working hours where customer requirements need to be met.
• Assist in the training of new personnel as required
• Observe general housekeeping rules and maintain a clean and tidy working environment at all times
• Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
• Assistance in other departments in order to meet Company objectives.
• Continuous Improvement, You will have responsibility to make suggestions on Continuous Improvement within the business; expectations are around 4 a year. This responsibility forms part all employees’ job description.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following experience:
• Experience of testing RF and Microwave Products including fault finding to component level
• Experience of alignment and test of hybrid electronic assemblies would be advantageous
• Technical qualification in a relevant subject and / or 1 year relevant experience within the electronics industry.
• Sound technical knowledge of RF and Microwave test techniques including fault finding to component level
• Ability to work as part of a team in a target driven environment under minimum supervision.
• Good manual dexterity
• Ability to work under a microscope
• Good Communication skills
• Computer literacy
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and a benefits package which includes 24 days + 8 days bank holiday, 38hrs per week and a pension scheme which includes up to 6% company contribution.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
09 July 2019
Principal Through Life Engineer
- £ Competitive
06 May 2019
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Chertsey, Surrey
- up to £45k + Benefits
up to £45k + Benefits
14 February 2019
- Excellent Package
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
22 July 2019
Railway CCTV Security
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- £13.00 p/h
22 July 2019
Railway Gate House Security
- Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
- £9.65 to £10.55 /hour
£9.65 to £10.55 /hour
22 July 2019
Railway Security Guard
- Twyford, Berkshire
- £10.50 to £11.00 /hour
£10.50 to £11.00 /hour
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering