Senior Systems Engineer (290jc)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Naval|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
• Do you have an extensive experience as a systems engineer?
• Could you coach and develop inexperienced engineers?
• Have you worked in complex domains?
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the systems engineering domain in a complex engineering environment. The candidate will have experienced a broad exposure & appreciation of the main systems domains, including system design, verification requirements within security, safety & integrated logistics support. The role requires the ability to define & achieve goals through working as a team player with the flexibility to cross boundaries if required. Good verbal &written communication and presentation skills are required in order to provide clear, concise and structured technical documents. This position requires good organisational skills, the willingness to embrace new technology and the ability to influence others where no formal relationship exists. Experience in leading customer liaison will be of benefit.
• Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
• Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
• Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
• Defining the system’s sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
• Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
• Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
• Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
• Deriving, defining and documenting:
1. System Acceptance Test Specifications,
2. System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
• Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
• Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
• Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
• Adhering to all safety work instructions
• Assisting engineers with engineering testing
• Conducting integration testing
• Conducting system testing
• Conducting formal testing in conjunction with QA team
• Providing adequate descriptions and recording of defects such that they can be investigated by other engineers
• Supporting fault investigation
• Supporting the safety verification process as required
Skills & Experience
• HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
• Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
• Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles
• Awareness of safety issues.
• Ability to obtain UK Security clearance to SC level
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering