Senior Through Life Engineer (295jc)
|Location:||Loudwater, High Wycombe|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The Company’s Command & Sonar Systems (CSS) has an existing opportunity for a Senior Through Life Engineer to join an innovative team of engineers responsible for supporting the company’s products already in service. Responsibilities will range from understanding electronic circuit design, implementing design changes/modifications to managing the integrity of products reference systems and resolving obsolescence issues throughout the whole lifecycle.
Typical products include a variety of electronic equipment for military applications ranging from naval combat management systems, gun fire control systems, electro-optic systems, cameras, data distribution systems, weapon interfacing electronics to larger sonar and decoy systems.
• A Through Life Engineer will be responsible for:
• The investigation of faults and fault finding
• Integration of electronic products manufactured by Ultra Electronics. Writing technical reports, specifications and test procedures
• Provide technical advice to customer or field service engineers via e-mail / telephone
• Attending Operational Defects (OPDEFs) meetings
• The management of reference systems
• Representing the Company in meetings (Internal and External) and providing minutes as appropriate
• The provision of practical Engineering Support to other activities within the company
• Instil engineering best practices and processes to enhance engineering excellence and promote continuous improvement
• Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management
• Acting as a team player who recognises impact of own performance/behaviour in the team
• Providing a positive image of the company when meeting customers
• Good presentation and communication skills for customer facing activities with positive attitude to work.
• Proactive in solving conflicts / technical issues.
• Occasional office based with working across all CSS operational sites as required by project demands. Willing to work away from home for periods up to 4 weeks.
• Regular travel within UK and Overseas.
• Eligible to CONDO work with potential work in confined spaces and in both hot/humid and cold weather environments.
• Ability to be SC cleared
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering