Product Safety Engineer (341jc)
|Salary:||circa £35 - 40k + Benefits|
|Sectors:||Engineering, General, Naval|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your role will be to perform the duties associated with Equipment Safety both on and off-site. This will include planning, prioritising work, supervision and ensuring that tasks are undertaken in a professional and timely manner producing all relevant documentation in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and contractual requirements.
You will be working accordance with Contract, Project Safety Management System, Safety Legislation and Company Manual.
You will be reporting to the Technical Director as well as the appropriate Project Managers for project related tasks.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Ability to establish priorities through review of contractual, policy and legislative requirements.
• Experience establishing and working to Safety Management Systems and Plans.
• Experience in both physical and functional aspects of Safety Engineering.
• Work as part of an engineering design team with the ability to advise the product/system technical design authority on safety matters.
• Ability to produce in-depth safety cases and technical documentation (including safety management plans, documented safety assessment, hazard logs and safety case report) to MoD and other customer standards.
• Have a deep knowledge of standard risk identification, estimation and reduction techniques.
• The experience/ability to establish and maintain interfaces with both internal and external safety stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, project teams and safety committees.
• Ability to develop and document coherent, evidence-based, structured safety arguments.
• Good oral and written skills including presentations.
• Have a deep understanding of MoD safety and regulatory standards and policies, such as Defence Standard 00-56 and DSA02-DMR.
• Experience of working with electrical/electronic systems, especially within a MoD maritime domain.
• Experience in environmental and ILS disciplines would be beneficial.
As well as the following minimum qualifications
• An engineering-based qualification at a minimum of HND level.
• Ability to obtain security clearance
The ideal candidate for this role would probably be ex RN, and from the submarine service, however, anyone with a suitable background and experience will be considered.
In return, they are offering an excellent salary base, as well as the ability to continue to develop your skills and knowledge base within the company and possibly move into another role within a defined period.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering