Test Systems Manager (408jc)
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
At the Company you will:
• be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
• have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
• work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
• have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
• be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
• have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
• work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
The Test Systems Manager is responsible for the development and commissioning of test equipment including the corresponding safety considerations, documentation and maintenance aspects. This will require working closely with Development Project Teams to define Product Test requirements and ensure Design for Manufacture / Design for Test Issues are considered. It will entail working with Manufacturing to integrate Test Equipment into current Production Cells, with a focus on minimizing Production Costs and Times.
Manage the Test Systems Department to achieve delivery of required test equipment within budget and to project timescales.
• Development, construction and procuring of Production Test Equipment in line with the requirements defined by Engineering. The solutions generated: to benefit for purpose, robust and cost effective. This will involve specifying Hardware, developing Software, commissioning programming PCBs.
• Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines; this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
• Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
• Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
• Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
• Monitor the test times within the product cost: where appropriate, implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
• Manage and plan the department workload, this includes resourcing and resolving priority conflict issues. Reporting on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
• Work with the supplier base delivering to Operations, to assess if they have appropriate test equipment.
• Give accurate estimates of test equipment costs required for the Bid Process.
• Create business cases for investment in new test equipment.
• Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to -ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
• Manage direct reports, highlighting any development/ training needs and monitoring if targets are being met.
• Manage third part test equipment suppliers.
• Attend Production daily stand-ups, giving status updates on priorities. resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
• Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
• Take responsibility for in-house Test equipment, ensuring it is fully logged, labelled, calibrated, serviced and safety tested
Integrity and Trust
• Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
• Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
• Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
• 5-10 years of experience in a Test Engineering in a Production environment
• Demonstrable experience with Development/ Provision/ Management of Test Facilities, ideally within the Defence
• Experience of departmental management e.g. control departmental budget and conducting employee performance reviews.
• Knowledge of Analogue and Digital electronics, Signal Processing and RF Techniques.
• Knowledge of appropriate programming applications (e.g. NI l abVIEW ) and ATE hardware (GPIB, PXI and USB based hardware) is essential.
• SC level Security Clearance is mandatory for this role
The Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 October 2019
Design and Project Assurance Coordinator
- £30-35k + Package
£30-35k + Package
07 October 2019
PCV Bus Driver
07 October 2019
PCV Bus Driver
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering