Civil Engineer (418jc)
|Location:||Leicestershire or Milton Keynes|
|Salary:||Salary negotiable, depending on experience|
|Sectors:||Construction, Consultancy, Engineering, Facilities Management, Health & Safety, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Following rapid expansion over recent years the Company is currently undergoing an exciting change programme and they are seeking a Civil Engineer to join our thriving infrastructure teams in either their Leicestershire or Milton Keynes offices.
The main focus of our infrastructure teams are projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development, but also supporting our other teams across the UK to deliver a wide variety of projects. If you are an experienced Civil Engineer looking for an exciting challenge, then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
• Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
• Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver S38/S104/S278 type infrastructure scheme designs;
• Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
• The mentoring and supervision of civil engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
• A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers;
• Competent in infrastructure scheme designs;
• Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC, Highway Authority and Sewerage Undertaker adoption standards and approval processes;
• Proficient user of AutoCAD;
• Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
• Proficient in the use of infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D + Vehicle Swept Path, Causeway PDS and Micro Drainage;
• Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
• Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative; and
• Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you feel that you have the skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity, then we would like to hear from you.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering