Vacancy - Bill of Materials Co-ordinator 432jc
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Configuration and Data Manager, and your main focus will be to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM) quality specification is aligned to the appropriate product description to ensure that the business can plan, cost and manufacture its products accurately and effectively. The role reports to the Configuration and Data Manager.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain BOM related knowledge/capability in line with Systems & Processes
• Leading the audit of Engineering BOMs vs Manufacturing BOM vs actual build, noting significant errors that may result in shortages or cost discrepancies, communicating as appropriate and updating Engineering BOMs as required
• Maintaining BOMs to capture engineering changes, procurement or supplier changes, general updates, BoM maturity etc. distribute to the Team and help feed into MRP system by providing support as required
• Support weekly Change Control Board (CCB), liaising with Change Request Board (CRB) to effect changes into BOM once approved
• Help to define and agree with the Engineering Team the drawing requirements to support initial drawing release
• work closely with key business stakeholders including Engineering, to ensure that BOM lists are constantly maintained and evolve in line with recent modifications or changes
• Support other members of the team within the Configuration function
• Provide support for other key areas where necessary
To be eligible for this role, you will need the following skills, qualification and experience
• Educated to Degree / HNC standard in an Engineering or commercial discipline or with demonstrable relevant practical experience
• Computer literate with good understanding of MS Office, IFS (ERP System), Windchill
• Possess good communication skills, oral and written, enabling them to interact with a wide variety of Team members of various levels of the company hierarchy
• Will have a background in the creation and management of complex BOM’s within a design and manufacturing environment
As well as the following personal attributes
• Self-motivated, with a willingness to learn
• Must show an engineering aptitude and be highly analytical
• Experience of working or willingness to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Must be flexible and willing to travel – overnight stays at other UK based company facilities possible
• Good written and verbal communications skills, as will be required to work with teams from across the business.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
23 August 2019
- Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
Salary negotiable, depending on skills and experience
11 November 2019
Air Traffic Management (ATM) Safety Engineer
- Boscombe Down
- circa £50 - 62k + Benefits
circa £50 - 62k + Benefits
06 January 2020
- Tilbury Docks
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
17 January 2020
Digital RF System Engineer
- Herford and Watford
17 January 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based covering the whole of the UK
- up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
up to £24,000 to start – up to £35,000 once qualified
15 January 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- £ Competitive
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering