Vacancy - HGV Vehicle Maintenance Tech 506jc
|Location:||Luton or Southampton|
|Sectors:||Automotive, Engineering, Logistics/Driving|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
In your role, you will be responsible in maintaining and repairing aircraft refuelling vehicles of various sizes (mechanical, pumping packs and electrical equipment) in a timely and cost-effective manner, whilst adhering to internal and industry standards. The successful candidate will assist other locations on maintenance functions as deemed necessary and may be required to work at any of the Company’s UK Airport locations in accordance with Company Operating Procedures and high levels of customer services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Operating to the highest standards of Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSHE) compliance; proactively assessing, identifying and reporting SSHE related matters or incidents; and fully participating and utilising the Company’s safety systems and tools.
• Complying with and maintaining the integrity of all Company safety and operational standards.
• Following the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all operational activities.
• Responsibility for the safe handling of company equipment, all in accordance with Company quality control and operating standards.
• Correct recording of all purchase spends purchase items (e.g. spares, parts) within the specified limit of the Low Value Purchase Card Scheme.
• Operating correct emergency procedures in the event of incidents.
• Acting as the first point of contact with maintaining the highest standard of customer service levels with company station Mangers in airport.
• Participating in training and maintaining competency in all procedures associated with the safe maintenance of company Refuelling equipment and support assets.
• Working knowledge of, and implementing as necessary, Company Safety and Emergency Procedures.
• Scheduling work to ensure planned and unplanned maintenance tasks are completed on time.
• Assisting with the planning of vehicles and/or manpower support requirements.
• Inputting all necessary data into the Planet FM management computer system to control all maintenance work completed with GPO (A) UK.
• Maintaining all necessary records on refuelling / product quality activity.
• Completing annual training
• Undertaking special responsibilities, when trained.
• Working across a rota in support of a 7-day 24-hour operation. Ensure that these values are applied across the workforce including any service providers / dealers operating company owned assets.
• Ensure non-conformance or QHSE incident reports are submitted on the day of the occurrence.
• Contingency Plans - Ensure that Crisis Management Planning for company personnel, assets and service provider / dealer operated sites is in place and practiced and recorded at regular intervals.
• Ensure Business Continuity Planning is in place as per company policy.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following:
• Must hold an LGV 1 (C+E) driving licence with ADR, with LGV driving experience.
• The successful candidate is likely to have more than 3 years’ mechanic/fitter experience in maintaining Aviation Refueller vehicles (mechanical and pumping equipment), however it is not essential.
• Relevant qualifications / experience for maintaining LGV vehicle mechanical and electrical maintenance.
• Pneumatic & Hydraulic equipment / operational knowledge is desirable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Strong values around health and safety and experience are essential.
• Into Plane Hydrant Refuelling experience is highly desirable.
• Willingness to work across a work rota in support of a 7 day - 24-hour operation is required.
• Working experience with Hydrant Dispensers and Refueller Bowsers equipment is desirable.
• Good attention to detail is essential
The ideal candidates would probably be ex REME class 1 who has worked in an HGV LAD and who is seeking to join a company that can offer a strong career progression in the future, as they have operations across the globe.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, and a benefits package that one would expect of a truly worldwide company.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
10 April 2019
Opto-Mechanical Engineers x 2
- St. Albans
20 January 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- £ Competitive
28 August 2019
- Spetisbury, Dorset
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering