Vacancy - Security Assistant 001jc
|Salary:||up to £35k + Benefits|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and your role will be to assist with the day to day operation of Security throughout the Company and to ensure that all of the administrative functions are carried out to a high standard.
Therefore, your key tasks will include (these by nature are not exhaustive)
• Carry out checks of all contract and retained security staff day and night and at weekends to ensure proper level of security is maintained at properties.
• Carry out security inspections of all properties in portfolio according to schedules agreed with manager and be available to travel to anywhere to respond to the family needs.
• Monitor access to properties and maintenance of security and House logbooks
• Respond to alarm callouts as required, carry out physical inspection of security monitoring equipment.
• Maintain observation of staff and carry out physical checks on staff according to company policies.
• Maintain a relationship with local security and policing services as required to enhance the security of the company
• Provide stand-in cover for emergency security staffing problems.
• Maintain an accurate rota of all security personnel
• Maintain an accurate and up to date filing system, ensuring confidentiality of information.
• Be available via telephone or mobile phone 24 hours.
• Carry out staff Fire risk and health & safety awareness training, providing extinguisher practical demonstration and Fire Manual backing.
• Carry out inspections of all fire equipment in all properties and monitor previous and future test dates of all extinguishers, fire blankets and detector head status. Inform the Operations Manager of any equipment not complying to Fire Certificate requirement
• Comply with guidelines outlined for the proper use, protection and safety of tasks in particular to those relating to substances hazardous to health (COSHH) and manual handling.
• Report any maintenance issues immediately requiring attention and log to ensure accurate follow up and completion dates.
• Report sick/irregular behaviour of staff, residents or contractors. Report any incidents, complaints, suspicious persons or safety hazards immediately.
You will be mainly working “normal” office hours, but there may be a requirement that you will be on call outside of those hours to deal with emergency call outs as needed.
This role would an ideal role for someone who is seeking a varied role, as 50% of the time you will be based in an office, producing the paperwork associated with the above duties and being out on the shop floor keeping a presence at the properties, which are based in Chelsea and Grosvenor areas, as well as attending properties outside London.
This is a low profile role, and they are seeking an individual who will have the ability to keep the current systems and procedures in place and at the same time has the presence to supervise the security assistants and contract security personnel that they use at some of the properties.
The ideal candidate would be someone who would live within a reasonable commute from Central London and who get there quickly and efficiently when there is no public transport available.
This role would be ideal for someone who is looking for a long-term role that can offer stability and a better work/life balance as there is no real progression in this role.
In return they are offering a good basic salary, with 25 days holiday, sick pay, death in service and they will match your pension contribution up to 7% as well as a season ticket loan.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
13 January 2020
Day Security Guard
- £21,500 + Benefits
£21,500 + Benefits
21 January 2020
Systems Engineer (Developer)
07 February 2020
Ground Worker Site Foreman
- Barnsley- Leeds Yorkshire Area
- Competitive daily rate
Competitive daily rate
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
11 February 2020
RF Radio Telecommunications Engineer
- East Hanningfield - Chelmsford
10 February 2020
Freelance Operations Manager
- Competitive Day Rate
Competitive Day Rate
10 February 2020
Mobile HGV Vehicle Mechanic
- Midlands Region
- generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
generous starting salary + Vehicle + Benefits
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering