Vacancy - Principal Through Life Engineer 011jc
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be the primary technical point of contact for their In Service Torpedo Defence Systems, responsible for leading a project team that provides advice and expertise on the resolution of technical issues to their customers. You and your team will put in place procedures that ensure their equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service through its planned lifetime, working closely alongside both their design and field services teams.
No two days at the Company are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge base within the underwater warfare domain, and grow your career in a fast paced, rapidly expanding, area of the defence sector.
Leading the engineering office for our Client’s In Service Torpedo Defence Systems, you will be responsible for:
• Providing a proactive response to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries
• Coordinating the project engineering team to develop a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable
• Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
• Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service
• Seeking opportunities to improve the in-service delivery performance of the Torpedo Defence Systems
• Coordinating and cooperating with the field support team to conduct ship surveys and commission equipment
• Implementing change requests to documentation
• Highlighting resource conflict or constraints to engineering management
• Producing estimates for new engineering work (e.g. redesign) and planning the work.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
As reliable and trustworthy individual, with a logical approach, you will have:
• A relevant Bachelor’s or higher degree, or equal professional experience.
• Significant experience as a senior engineer within the In-Service phase of the lifecycle
• Provided leadership, and worked ‘hands on,’ during integration, testing and system commissioning
• Demonstrated the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects
• Shown the ability to work under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts
• A background working with maritime equipment. An understanding of underwater warfare systems would be a bonus.
• Demonstrable experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
A detail-oriented problem solver, with a passion for supporting the customer, you will:
• Thrive under pressure and drive performance to meet tight deadlines
• Possess excellent organisational and management skills
• Be able to define problem spaces, gather data to establish the facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work
• Cooperate well with others to achieve outstanding outcomes
• Seek and give constructive feedback, and reflect on performance, to nurture potential within the team
• Have a full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel to customer sites (primarily Portsmouth).
• Be eligible for security clearance to at least Security Check (SC) level with no caveats. This role is only open to UK sole nationals due to the security restrictions of the projects involved.
In return the Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
08 April 2019
Engineering Project Lead
- Competitive salary
29 October 2019
International Sales Manager
07 February 2020
Ground Worker Site Foreman
- Barnsley- Leeds Yorkshire Area
- Competitive daily rate
Competitive daily rate
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
31 March 2020
Office Hours Security Guard
- £19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
£19,800 - 21,000 + Benefits
31 March 2020
Day Security Guard
- £21,500 + Benefits
£21,500 + Benefits
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering