Vacancy - Capability Manager / System Design Authority (SDA) for Countermeasures Systems 030jc
|Salary:||£ Highly Competitive|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are now seeking an experienced Capability Manager / System Design Authority (SDA) for their Countermeasures Systems.
Purpose of Role
To grow the Company’s Countermeasures Capability through leading existing and new product development. To define their Countermeasures strategy according to market forces and customer needs. Provision of Countermeasures subject matter expertise to support bids, programmes, and product roadmaps. Define relevant PV projects in terms of technical goals and work packages. Provide mentoring and leadership to support and grow in-house Countermeasures skills and capability. Deliver Design Authority oversight to Countermeasures programmes, to ensure products and systems are fit for purpose, safe to use, and in-line with product roadmaps and the company strategic roadmap.
Capability Managers are responsible for ensuring that all company offerings align with the company strategic plan and that technology and product roadmaps are developed and maintained. This includes but is not limited to:
• Ensuring that the Countermeasures product roadmap evolves and remains in concert with the market's requirements and the company's strategic objectives;
• Capability planning and development of roadmaps to ensure that the Capability Area meets the relevant Company strategic objectives;
• Identifying competitive and technical threats to the successful realisation of the Company strategy and mitigate these where possible within the Capability Area;
• Supporting the sales and marketing team in the identifying and development of new opportunities within the Countermeasures Systems domain;
• Support the Sales and Marketing team at customer focused events and conferences with domain expertise;
• Maintain technical knowledge, skills relevance and domain expertise through research and attendance at key domain conferences;
• Engineering aspects of bids and proposals within the Countermeasures Systems Domain;
• Identifying opportunities for, and securing external R&D funding to develop the Countermeasures Systems product portfolio and ensure that business objectives are satisfied;
• Performing a System Design Authority role on nominated projects;
• Ensuring PV projects within the Countermeasures Systems Domain has maximum benefit to the business and ensure it satisfies its technical business objectives;
• Determining resource requirements for PV, B&P and future B&P / orders and feeding these into the forward load;
• Providing coaching and mentoring to develop engineering competence within the business;
• Identifying, developing and implementing new or appropriate process and procedure improvements, to meet current and emergent engineering requirements in line with the business strategic vision and engineering best practice;
• Liaise with other Capability Managers to ensure strategic competitive technological alignment within the Company’s capabilities and product sets.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
• Experience in the operation and development of Countermeasures Systems is essential.
• Experience in the application of Safety/Compliance and Security in systems integration and Military Security Domains.
• Experience and ability to be customer focused and author technical bid proposals is essential.
• Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
• Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
• Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required
• System Design Authority Experience
• Product Line Management Experience
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
08 April 2019
- Competitive Salary
28 August 2019
RF Systems and Design Engineer
- £ Competitive
14 March 2019
Senior Systems Engineer
- Competitive salary
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering