Ground Worker – Machine Operator (034ww)
|Location:||Barnsley- Leeds Yorkshire Area|
|Sectors:||Construction, Engineering, General, Health & Safety|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our client is looking for a Ground Worker -Machine Operator to join their growing team
Basic Job Requirements
• Be fit and able to work outside in all conditions
• Work with and interact with own and allied trades
• Work well within health and safety legislation
• Be aware at all times of others and public during plant operations
• Undertake a Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Test
• Operate a designated item of plant that you are trained and tested to operate
• Undertake pre-start and post stop checks
• Complete comprehensive documentation to record findings through inspection
• Keep a log of working activities on all machines deemed competent to operate
• Maintain a safe working environment and remove waste to designated areas
• Erect and dismantle site protection barriers as required to ensure segregation of plant from others
• Learn how to read construction drawings and be able to intervene when mistakes are spotted
• Be willing to undertake any other duties or training that may be required to fulfil the role or assist with contract requirements
Machine Operator responsibilities
• Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order.
• Test the machine before main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production.
• Clean up machine parts after every work procedure.
• Set all machine operation information such as speed, size and shape into machine before it begins running.
• Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
• Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures.
• Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
• Strictly adhere to client job specification and ensure good quality work.
• Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
• Report to supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
• Study blueprint from work layout to ensure accuracy in production task.
• Ability to handle heavy equipment.
• Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to multitask.
• Good communication skills.
• Have good knowledge of mechanical devices
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
18 March 2020
Installation Service Specialist
- up to £35k + Benefits
up to £35k + Benefits
12 March 2020
Technical Specialist – Networks
- Excellent Salary
12 March 2020
Technical Support – Networks
- Excellent Salary
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering