Air Traffic Management (ATM) Safety Engineer vacancy in Boscombe Down (045jc)
|Salary:||circa £50 - 62k + Benefits.|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Your role will be to provide Air Traffic Management (ATM) skills to external and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth.
The primary output for this role will be provision of ATM expertise to deliver defined artefacts in support of projects to their clients. Artefact production will cover the whole range of Safety Management System (SMS) documentation for ATM, and the applicant should possess analytical skills to examine evidence to support a safety argument. Ability in the use of appropriate tools and techniques together with excellent report writing skills is essential for the delivery of output.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work in a variety of locations to meet customer and internal business needs.
Therefore, your Key Accountabilities will include:
• Act as Technical Lead on ATM safety engineering projects, dealing directly with customers.
• To work as a member of a team on wider ATM related projects, including ATM safety engineering consultancy to military and civilian clients.
• To develop and grow business with our existing clients.
• Identify and establish good relationships with new clients and be able to develop propositions in conjunction with them.
• Actively participate in the management of the ATM team.
• Work with and advise other technical subject matter experts (SMEs) across The Group in responding to client requests.
• A Safety Consulting/Engineering role with experience of applying Safety skills to Air Traffic Management (ATM) across Capability areas within the Group.
• Working experience in a civil or military Air Traffic Management organisation at a senior level (e.g. NATS, Serco, MOD MAA, ADATS or future ATM equipment delivery).
• A deep understanding of technical, safety and operational aspects of ATM.
• A broad knowledge of technologies supporting ATM is essential coupled with an understanding of how they are used to provide safe ATM services.
• Knowledge of key current and future ATM technologies - both ground and aircraft based.
• Knowledge of communication, navigation and surveillance areas is essential. Communications: VHF/UHF analogue/digital systems, HF Systems, Satellite communications, Ground networks e.g. AFTN, CIDN, ATN, IPv6, VoIP, Tactical Data Links, Concepts such as SWIM, PENS Navigation: Conventional navigation systems e.g. GNSS, VOR, DME, ILS, MLS, NDB, Concepts such as PBN, RNP, RNAV.
• Surveillance: Primary and Secondary radar with emphasis on Mode S, ADS-B, ADS-C, WAM/MLAT.
• Knowledge of ATM infrastructure evolution to meet the challenges of air traffic growth, as exemplified by the SESAR work programme.
• Knowledge of ATM technical standards as developed by ICAO, EUROCAE, EUROCONTROL.
• Proven experience of leading teams in an aviation environment.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements:
• An enthusiastic, outgoing, proactive, success orientated approach.
• Job holder is expected to travel regularly in the UK including overnight stays.
• Seek guidance from others when in doubt and advise/support others where the expertise is considered to be SQEP.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Safety Qualification at master’s Level or equivalent
• Technical qualification in an Engineering discipline
• Demonstrate good communication skills both oral and written
• Strong organisational skills to include the ability to work flexibly and react to changing priorities, persuasive and responsive
In return my client offers an excellent starting salary was well as a 1st Class benefits package which includes the following:
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants, 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working, Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club, Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance, Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering