Business Development Manager vacancy in Home based, + Extensive Global Travel (050jc)
|Location:||Home based, + Extensive Global Travel|
|Salary:||Up to £62k OTE £120k|
|Sectors:||Engineering, Overseas, Sales, Senior Appointments, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They have been experiencing significant growth and are now looking for a Business Development Manager to become part of their senior management team.
You will be reporting to the CEO, and you will have the sales team, Commercial Director and Engineering manager reporting to you.
Your role will be to drive the growth and development of profitable revenues for the company and therefore contribute to the growth of the company.
You will develop a sales team and complimentary network for distributors and agents capable of creating, finding, negotiating and closing contracts for all company products and targeted industries and locations, as well as professionally manage and enhance the reputation and recognition of the company brand to maximise the business potential.
Therefore, your responsibilities and duties will fall into three different areas:
Strategic development of Distributor and Rental Business and maximisation of market share and profitability
• With the CEO and Executive committee, develop and implement an ambitious business plan that enables the division to maximise realisation of the market potential for its products through significant growth in revenue and profits.
• Understand market opportunities, the competitive landscape and the optimum product offering.
• Assist the CEO in the recruitment and subsequent induction of the sales team
• Support in the selection, onboarding and development of sales resources and effectively mange the “hire versus sale” equation to maximise the opportunity of the company.
Achieve annual revenue and profit targets for each product category
• Develop and implement a strategy to raise awareness of the company’s capabilities and products within identified customers and geographical regions through both generic and product specific sales resources.
• Develop a cost-effective strategy for the sales support of non-core product categories (MOPS, OPS, Refurbishment and Training)>
Development of Company Brand to reflect market leadership positioning
• By creating, direction setting and management of the marketing resources, ensure the maximum commercial impart is achieved through effective use of:
1. Website, corporate hospitality events and attendance at exhibitions/tradeshows
2. Creation and use of innovative marketing collateral
3. Targeted advertising and media exposure.
A well as more general duties which include:
• Develop a network of contacts within targeted industries to be aware of all opportunities from 3 years out.
• Work closely and communicate effectively with companies’ distributors, agents and consultants
• Management of the PipeDrive (company CRM Package) and enquiries database
• Preparation of a month report
• As well as any other duties which are essential for the effective management of the sales and marketing function.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Educated to degree level, preferably either in Engineering or Business Management
• 10+ years’ experience of business development, especially in the security, defence, oil and gas, and marine sectors, in an International Setting
• Proven management capabilities and leadership quality in developing, motivating and driving a team to achieve stretch goals.
• Strong service-oriented business acumen, excellent business planning and direct sales and marketing skills.
• Self-starter that requires low maintenance management
• IT Literate and excellent command of the English language
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communications skills
• Team player, who is able to work well under pressure and for long hours in demanding conditions.
• Thorough understanding of security operations, Project management, Manufacturing, fabrication, as well as the supply chain processes and contract admin and documentation.
The ideal individual for this role would probably be someone who has extensive sales and business development in this sector, however, individuals who come from a purely manufacturing or security sales background may also be considered. They will also have to show that they are comfortable working remotely and that they can still manage a team.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary with a benefits package that is designed to attract the best. The role is home base, but if you are already based out in Dubai, that could also be an advantage, as part of this role, you will be expected to travel to Dubai on a regular basis, about 1 week in 4, and will be expected to travel across the globe to meet with clients as required as well as attend trade shows.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
20 January 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- Loudwater, High Wycombe
- £ Competitive
25 September 2019
Senior Field Service Engineer
- £ Competitive
27 January 2020
Network Support Engineer
- Redhill, Surrey
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
26 May 2020
Trainee Geo-technical Driller
- Gloucester based and covering UK Wide
- up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
up to £22,800 to start + plus overtime, subsistence, accommodation etc
15 May 2020
Field Operations Manager/UAV Flight Tester
- Excellent Package
06 May 2020
Senior Software Engineer
- £ Competitive
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering