Principal Systems Engineer vacancy in Greenford (077jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Electronics, Engineering|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
The systems engineering team manage the requirements definition, implementation, verification, and validation of systems to ensure that the project delivers to cost, quality, and schedule.
This is an opportunity to grow your career within a progressive, dynamic environment through exposure to ground-breaking technologies and systems. No two days at the Company are the same, and you will have the opportunity to develop your systems engineering skills across the whole lifecycle in the underwater warfare and maritime domains.
Leading the systems activities on a project you will apply sound engineering judgement to ensure projects are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
• Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
• Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
• Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
• Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
• Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
• Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
• Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
• Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
• Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or higher degree or have equivalent experience.
• Have significant experience in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
o Requirements elicitation and management
o System architecture and design
o System integration and test
o System acceptance, verification, and validation
o In-service support
• Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
• Have demonstrated the ability to plan and execute systems activities on complex projects.
• Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
A motivated and natural leader with a passion for successfully delivering the customer expectations, you will:
• Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
• Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
• Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
• Be willing to coach/mentor less senior members of the team to aid and monitor their development, providing feedback to performance reviews.
• The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer’s sites in the UK or abroad.
The Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering