Warehouse Manager vacancy in Hackney, London (080jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||up to £30k|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Managing Director and your role will be to support the smooth running of their warehousing and delivery operations.
My client produces everything in their own unit, to the highest standards. This role will ensure that their warehouse is organised, materials & finished goods stocks are stored correctly, and their delivery driver has everything they need to provide excellent service to their customers.
Therefore, responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Being a super user on their inventory computer system (training will be given), so that everything is recorded correctly and ties up with their accountancy software.
• Booking-in deliveries, organising our stock, and keeping an eye on shelf life of stock.
• Managing their in-house driver for local deliveries.
• Preparing pallets for collection. As they have frozen products, there will always be a time pressure to get them from our freezer to the frozen van as quickly as possible.
• Ensuring the temperature of our cold stores is correct to ensure our quality is always top-notch.
• Keeping the warehouse, safe, clean & tidy.
• Well organised, punctual, calm under pressure.
• Good customer service skills, polite, friendly.
• English reading and speaking skills.
• IT skills to use our inventory system.
• Physically fit. This job will involve a degree of heavy lifting. The right candidate should be confident lifting heavy bags of ingredients up to 25kg.
• Detail orientated and able to spot mistakes and self-correct.
• Good communicator.
• Loves ice cream and sorbet
• Able to work on their own when needed.
• Positive about working for a smaller business.
• Forklift licence would be a bonus but not essential. For the right candidate, we would offer training.
The ideal candidate would probably be someone who has a logistics background, either from the RLC or similar, or someone who has worked within a busy QM’s department. They are looking for someone who is able to grow with the company, as they foresee this individual being responsible for recruitment of additional personnel within the department, as well as being able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
In return they are offering a good starting salary of up to £30k depending on the skills and abilities you bring with you, and they are also willing to invest in you to help you develop further as the company grows.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering