Solutions Architect vacancy in Greenford (092jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Engineering, Senior Appointments|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They provide innovative, mission-specific, bespoke technological solutions to their customers’ most complex problems. They provide systems for the maritime, C4ISTAR-EW (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, acquisition and reconnaissance – electronic warfare), military and commercial aerospace, nuclear, and industrial sensors markets.? With 4,000 employees, they span the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange
About the department:
Our Client’s engineers work on the most difficult cybersecurity challenges in order to protect their national security and critical infrastructure; they strive to protect what matters. It’s why they come to work. It’s what they are good at. They pride themselves on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities.
Due to recent contract awards and growth of the business, the Communication Systems Business Unit of the Company they are looking to expand their team, and actively recruiting for a Solution’s Architect, who can demonstrate:
• Work with customers to develop solution requirements, and to foresee their future needs.
• Generate system solutions, maximising re-use of existing products within the Company’s portfolio.
• Produce high quality, robust white papers and technical proposals to meet customer needs.
• Develop cost estimates to support the generation of bids.
• Provide briefings and demonstrations to individuals and groups, both at the Company and customer premises.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Company products and services.
• Manage own time and workload to efficiently deliver multiple, concurrent work packages.
• Build relationships, and ensure the Company is represented as a professional, capable and reliable organisation to both existing and potential customers.
• Attend meetings with customers away from the Greenford site, occasionally on short notice. For guidance, applicants should anticipate an average of approximately two trips per month, with a total duration of 5-7 days, (variable depending on workload).
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
• Previous position in a customer-facing technical role.
• Demonstrable experience in concept development, system design and architecting solutions; able to demonstrate ‘systems thinking’ in problem solving.
• Prior involvement in the generation of bids.
• An ability to learn (e.g. to gain full knowledge of current Company products)
• Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with customers at all levels, and be held in high regard by them.
• Willingness to travel, both within the UK and overseas.
• Experience in Radio systems, military equipment and cryptographic products (desirable)
Every employee is critical to the Company’s success and as such they offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• 4x your annual salary in life assurance
• Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
• Pension Scheme
Please be aware that many roles working for the Company will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organization.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 September 2020
Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Excellent salary and benefits package
15 September 2020
Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator
- £22k minimum dependent on experience
£22k minimum dependent on experience
11 September 2020
Quality Assurance Lead
- 35k-45k subject to competences
35k-45k subject to competences
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering