Warehouse Supervisor vacancy in Tonbridge, Kent (244jc)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000|
|Sectors:||Facilities Management, General, Logistics/Driving, Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the General Manager and working on a rota basis:
7am-7pm For example, you may work Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, but will have the rota’s issued in advance so you know what shifts you will be working.
The overall purpose of the role will be to maintain the smooth operation of a fast-moving environment ensuring that there is sufficient stock on the shelves for the night shift to fill the orders and load the vehicles ready for dispatch the next morning.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will be broken down into the following:
• General and Task Management
• Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
• Lead the team to deliver the required expectations
• Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage of goods
• Organise, facilitate and manage stock takes at regular intervals
• Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements
• Monitor and review operational methods to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvements within the operation whilst ensuring continuous customer service
• Ensure security of Warehouse environment and maintain access control, ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
• Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring the physical stock is in line with the warehouse management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy
• Ensure stock levels are accurate and rotated regularly to minimise waste.
• Build team philosophy and cultivate a team atmosphere by working with the team to achieve the company's targets and objectives
• Coach the team daily in order that a common goal is focused upon and those business objectives are met consistently
• Planning, managing and adjusting staffing levels to meet daily operational requirements within the warehouse
• Drive Company Absence Control Procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels. Administer holidays, sickness and timekeeping effectively
• Supervise the warehouse team and manage day to day warehouse operations
Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to sustain and develop team working and team based problem solving
• Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed
• Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
• Able to achieve results by setting high standards and committing to clear objectives
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to establish logical practical solutions
• Strong people and performance management skills
• Computer literate with good numeric skills
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
• Experience of operating in a supervisory capacity within a fast paced, highly pressurised warehouse and distribution environment
• Good IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
27 July 2021
Ex-Military “Apprentice” Site Manager
- £36k + Training to start
£36k + Training to start
27 July 2021
Field Service CompEx Electrician
- Home based, Midlands
- £33- £36k + O/T + Training
£33- £36k + O/T + Training
24 July 2021
Senior MEP Technician / Team Lead
- Middle East (country to be confirmed on signing an NDA)
- Competitve Tax Free Salary with Accomadation and Food provided
Competitve Tax Free Salary with Accomadation and Food provided
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering