Project Delivery Manager Band 2 vacancy in Longstanton - Cambridge Nationwide (257ww)
|Location:||Longstanton - Cambridge Nationwide|
|Region:||London and South East, Midlands, North East|
|Sectors:||Admin, Construction, Engineering, Facilities Management, General, Health & Safety, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client provides strategic knowledge and project management and delivery solutions needed to help our business partners successfully grow their infrastructure footprints across Telecoms, Utilities, Highways and Civil Engineering infrastructure sectors.
Working predominately in the public sector and blue-chip private markets, with an increasing involvement into private and developing markets including residential, education and commercial development.
Our Client is looking to employ a Project Delivery Manager for an ongoing project in the North of England and to join their fast-growing team.
Reporting To: Head of Client Delivery
Department: Operations Delivery
Overview of Role
• The Project Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management including P&L, quality control, safety and overall delivery of their allocated project(s).
• The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
• The project manager will deliver the project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and client needs ensuring delivery is on time, of high quality and in line with commercial expectations. They will ensure all work under the project is carried out to a high standard whilst observing all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
• Degree educated – in an engineering discipline – advantageous.
• APM - advantageous
• MSP - advantageous
• In collaboration with the Resource Scheduling Manager, coordinate and organise crews for your assigned project.
• Oversee the project site including yard and back office. Ensure equipment is stored correctly and safely.
• Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in line with the agreed budget.
• Ensure any slippage/risk is identified and remedial or mitigating actions are suggested and implemented balancing delivery with commercial impact.
• Be responsible for the P&L of the assigned project, assist in generating monthly/weekly financial reports and ensuring the contract is profitable.
• Line manage assigned project team, ensuring performance appraisals and support. Be responsible for ensuring crews are working efficiently, safely and aligned to the company values.
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling.
• Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all stakeholders with regular monitoring to ensure roles/responsibilities are being fulfilled as expected.
• Provide weekly and monthly project reports for directors and clients ensuring they are accurate, provided in a timely manner and presented in a professional format.
• Manage the day-to-day operational client interface to deliver satisfaction of client needs whilst maximising business value. Liaise proactively with clients on progress of jobs.
• In conjunction with procurement, ensure maintenance of adequate stock and material levels with sufficient forward planning.
• Be the point of contact for customer complaints, respond quickly and proactively to resolve the issue as presented, escalating to the Head of Client Delivery as appropriate.
• Carry out surveys and audits in a timely manner to ensure the project delivery is being done safely and to a high standard.
• Organise vehicles and ensure vehicle logs and paperwork is completed.
• Interact with operational shared services teams to ensure adequate support is provided around noticing, resourcing and admin support.
• Work closely with other project managers to ensure standardise process, best practice and continuous improvement. Take a proactive approach in sharing learning to improve operational processes across the Group.
• Take responsibility for overall health and safety on the project, coordinating and completing risk assessments and other documentation where needed.
• Apply the performance management processes consistently across members of staff you are responsible for ensuring performance appraisal set clear expectations of performance and is adequately supported with training and development.
• Collect information as required for processing of team member wages, overtime, holiday, sickness and medical information by required deadlines.
• Ensure your work and that of your team is undertaken safely and in compliance with JHG policies and procedures.
• Project management experience with strong team leadership skills
• Good commercial acumen with an understanding of delivering client satisfaction whilst maximizing business value.
• Self-motivated and able to operate autonomously.
• Highly methodical and conscientious, meticulous at planning and breaking down a plan into day to day, step by step tasks with clearly identified critical points for delivery.
• Numerate and able to deal with spreadsheets, data and used to managing budgets.
• Excellent relationship building skills. Able to use knowledge to instil confidence in internal and external parties.
• Confident people manager and able to assert authority when required. Good at dealing with a variety of people and personalities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, able to work with a wide range of systems and experienced with writing and analysing reports.
• Delivery focused, resilient to the end.
• Lateral thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems.
• Strategic Management
• Business & Commercial Awareness
• Holistic View
• Performance Management & Team Integration
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Change Initiation & Drive
• Integrity & Influencing
• Stakeholder Management
Looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] Or apply on www.ex-mil.co.uk or contact me on 0333202 6500 Option 2 or 07488241572
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
14 June 2021
Service & Installation Technician
- £30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
£30,500-£35,000 dependant on experience with London Weighting where appropriate
14 June 2021
Trainee Geotechnical Engineer
- Hugglescote, Leicestershire
- £21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
£21,000 - £24,000 - depending on experience
11 June 2021
RF Radio Telecommunications Senior Engineer Supervisor
- 35- 40K
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering