Vacancy - Large Calibre Armourer 447jc
|Salary:||up to £28k|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to the Ordnance Supervisor and your role will be to repair and maintain medium and large calibre ordnance, ensuring that all weaponry and associated equipment’s are issued for trial and proof activities in a serviceable condition.
Therefore, your key accountabilities will include:
• To prepare and inspect ordnance/weapons and ancillaries prior to issue to meet the range programme.
• To carry out six monthly and annual weapon and mounting inspection and examinations
• Required to maintain and repair all ordnance/weapons and test equipment’s, mountings and ancillaries, many of non-service pattern and design.
• To investigate and report, weapon and mounting defects and ensure that the Ordnance Supervisor is informed.
• Able to work without supervision with others or on his own.
• To ensure all weapon history books and computer records are kept up to date.
• To ensure that the security of weapons and the armoury is maintained at all times.
• Be capable of doing engineering tasks e.g. general fitting.
• Preparation and maintenance of Mk 8 copper crusher gauges including reading and measuring of the Mk 8 coppers and gauges.
• Preparation and maintenance of various static rocket rigs. Pressure and Thrust measurement along with Burnout Trials.
• To clear stoppages when asked upon by Trial Officers.
• To assist on the range, e.g. firing and loading of weapons, when required by Trial Officers.
• To ensure that the requirement of the Health & Safety as laid down in the Company SHB Health & Safety Regulations are observed.
• To become a competent user of the Company Public Store Account - SMIS
• To assist the Team Leader to develop and train staff to meet the requirements of the Personal Development Review system.
• Be available to deploy to other sites if the need arises
To be eligible for this role you will need the following capabilities and knowledge:
• A good knowledge, experience and competency working with large calibre ordnance and their recoil systems and ancillaries.
• A good knowledge, experience and competency in carrying out inspections and examinations of large calibre ordinance.
• A good knowledge, experience and competency of the H&S regulations relating to weapon and engineering practices.
• A good knowledge, experience and competency of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• A good knowledge of the Home Office legislation regarding the Section 5 allocation of weapons and their critical components.
As well as experience and qualifications
• A recognised military large calibre armament apprenticeship
• ONC/BTEC Level 3 or equivalent.
• Computer literacy In the Microsoft Office Suite.
• A full UK driving licence is required.
• Time management skills are essential to work to strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate would probably be an ex Tiffy or similar, who is a qualified armourer and who has solid experience of working on larger calibre guns, i.e. field artillery or naval guns. This would probably suit either ex Royal Navy Weapons Engineer, or Army REME Armourer, who has worked within one of the Artillery or Tank regiments.
With the right individual there is also a clear promotion path, as they will be looking for this individual to move into the Supervisor role within 12-18 months and possibly team leader in a couple of years after that.
In return they are offering an excellent starting package and the ability to live in work in a wonderful part of the country, and for the right individual they may be able to offer some relocation assistance as well.
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
29 October 2019
Technical Support Engineer
- £30,000 - £44,000
£30,000 - £44,000
15 January 2020
Principal Systems Engineer
- £ Competitive
09 March 2020
- Bovington, Dorset
- £25,468 + Benefits
£25,468 + Benefits
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering