Friendly Group Volunteers vacancy in Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bury St Edmunds, Essex, Greater London, Belfast and Coleraine ()
|Location:||Peterborough, Huntingdon, Bury St Edmunds, Essex, Greater London, Belfast and Coleraine|
|Placed by:||Deafblind UK|
Coffee Morning Co-Ordinator
Named First Aider
General Group or Coffee Group Volunteer
As a Group Volunteer you will provide support to our social groups or coffee mornings enabling members to widen their social networks and friendships.
This role can include:
• Preparation of drinks
• Communication and guiding support,
• Group and one to one conversations and assisting with equipment
• Organise monthly social groups, including activity planning and member transport supporting Deafblind UK members
• Welcome and support any visiting speakers, activity providers, etc.
• Organise or promote regular coffee mornings or meet ups
• Keep accurate finance records and balance of accounts paid in as subs by attendees.
• Opening and secure closing of premises.
As a Group Volunteer you are there to help alongside others with a combination of the following activities:
• To supervise group members and support them to engage in the activities within the group
• To take charge of communication and guiding support as needed with deafblind individuals, enabling all deafblind members to be fully involved in the group’s activities
• To support the development of new activities within the group
• To promote involvement in presentations, and other activities offered to the group from various organisations
• Where appropriate to assist with the preparation and distribution of refreshments within the group
• Encourage conversation between group members.
• Collect subs and complete attendance registers
• Responsible for all aspects of supervising, organising and facilitating each session, including setting up the room where the activity will take place; organising refreshments and biscuits; starting and maintaining discussions.
• To provide communication and guiding support as needed to enable all deafblind members to participate fully.
• To provide regular updates of your volunteering activity to your named Deafblind UK contact
• Responsible for organising and planning all group activities with the agreement of the members
What times do I need to commit to?
This role requires regular monthly attendance, days and times vary depending on location.
The role will suit people who …
• Are confident with a warm, friendly and engaging manner
• Can empathise with the pressures on deafblind people, their families and understand the need for support
• Have a sense of humour
• Are self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
• Are reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skill.
• Are able to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the needs of people who have sight and hearing loss
• Have a willingness to learn communication and guiding techniques to meet the needs of the deafblind person / people
• Have experience in organising group activities and session planning
• Are confident in handling cash and logging information
What are the benefits to you?
• Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
• The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
• New communications skills
• Establishing positive employability skills to help you in your career path
How do we support you?
We ensure all volunteers who join our team are well equipped to undertake any tasks and will provide training and supervision throughout your journey with us. Any specific training will be outlined within your onboarding and induction stages and then discussed at your reviews with your named lead contact.
For more information and an informal chat, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01733 316587 or email [email protected]
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
20 February 2020
General Duties / Outdoor Instructor
- Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, Ireland
05 February 2020
- Ballygawley, Co Tyrone, Ireland
06 March 2020
- Hackney London
- £20.000 to £25.000
£20.000 to £25.000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
01 July 2020
Technical Leader Digital RF
24 June 2020
- Hackney, London
- up to £30k
up to £30k
22 June 2020
Parkguard Patrol Officer
- North London, North East London, West London and Hertfordshire
- £28,500 to £33,000
£28,500 to £33,000
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering