Engineering Manager vacancy in West Drayton, Uxbridge (048ww)
|Location:||West Drayton, Uxbridge|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Electronics, Engineering, IT/Telecoms, Management, Project Management|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
Our Client is an infrastructure and systems solutions company that cover a wide range of requirements across voice and data infrastructures, seeking always to deliver robust, reliable communications, delivers end-to-end approach, from original design through to ongoing support, is precisely tailored to your unique environment and business needs.
Our Client is looking to employ an Engineer Manager to join their growing team working with the Chief Operations Officer
• The Engineering Manager will lead and manage the Engineering team, responsible for Companies radio and wireless network infrastructure as well as its project delivery throughout the UK.
• The Engineering Manager will need to create a dynamic project team that is capable of execution the successful delivery of major projects across the UK whilst meeting the ever-changing needs of technology and customer requirements.
• The Engineering Manager will be responsible for supporting key activities within the business both internally and externally including bid support, commercial support, design, installation & commissioning, training, and maintenance regime support services.
The duties of the Engineering Manager will include duties such as:
• Leadership and management of the engineering team
• Design and implementation of wireless telecommunications systems
• Network planning, prediction and optimization
• System cost estimation and business case input
• Pre-Sales engineering support
• Installation of equipment and services
• Commissioning and integration of systems
• Delivering Projects to time & to budget
The technology scope is predominately radio based including indoor coverage solutions, with additional/ expanding services including cellular, Wi-Fi, unified comms, IP networks, other wireless and M2M related technologies.
• Create a new improved dynamic engineering team; ones that makes a noticeable impact across the business.
• Lead the engineering team including setting roles and responsibilities, educating, training and holding all staff accountable for their individual performance.
• Identify resource needs against projects, assign individual responsibilities and maintain the engineering schedule of activity.
• Ensure that priorities are set, especially in setting the customer expectation and meeting agreed deadlines.
• Manage the day-to-day issues associated with engineering delivery, resolving and/or escalating issues/non-conformance in a timely manner.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Must also establish & maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments including sales & account management, finance, project management, maintenance and customer service.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, both externally and internally and support the adoption of the corporate culture.
• Providing technical assistance and product education to the Sales and Account Management teams
• Provide technical input to bids and customer proposals as and when required.
• Provide technical input to pre qualifications, proposals, quotations and tenders using approved processes, including solution design, cost and time estimates, work schedule programming and customer facing documentation.
• Delivering technical presentations and demonstrations to customers.
• Hold overall design authority for Companies managed service network infrastructure.
• Establish and execute proactive regimes to ensure quality of service and coverage is maintained across all Companies networks.
• Create Functional Design Specifications (FDS) for infill, expansion and technology upgrade where required.
• Manage large scale roll out of radio and telematics terminals to new customers/ users.
• Regularly report project related activities and contribute to risk analysis for bids and projects
• Produce project scoping documentation for all major projects.
• Create and maintain system documentation.
• Provide support to the Engineering team in site works for the survey, installation, commissioning and upgrade of customer infrastructure radio systems.
• Performance of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Training (SAT).
• Deliver customer training.
• Provide project drawings and technical documentation to support the internal and external delivery of projects.
• Ensure HR procedures are followed.
• Ensure all timesheets are completed and submitted in timely manner
• Ensure all expenses are completed and submitted in a timely manner
• Ensure all activities are completed in conjunction with Companies BMS
• Ensure company vehicles are kept to an appropriate level of cleanliness to promote the standards of the company when in the customer environment.
Key Qualifications and Experience.
• Excellent radio, indoor coverage, cellular, Wi-Fi, IP network, unified comms technical and industry knowledge.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in managing engineering teams working in technically challenging projects with a successful track record of delivering against demanding customer requirements.
• Consultative skills necessary for the development of solutions that meet the customer’s business requirements and deliver successful solutions.
• Drive and ability to remain at the forefront of technology and industry practice.
• Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
• Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks.
• Excellent client facing skills with very strong verbal & written communication.
• An excellent team player who is also able to work under their own initiative.
• Sound experience of Project/ Programme management and delivery.
• Experience of working under pressurized situations in delivering service & response activities where strict SLA’s are to be met.
• Experience and detailed knowledge of the deployment of private mobile radio solutions including
• Tetra, DMR, MTP1327, analogue
• Knowledge of TCP/IP routing
• Knowledge of GSM, VoIP, fixed line comms and wireless solutions
• Knowledge of programming radio templates e.g. Motorola / Simoco / Hytera/ Tait
• Clean driving license.
Must have demonstrable 5-year employment history as required to obtain Airside passes.
• Trustworthy and honest.
• Flexible and adaptable.
For more information, please contact Warren Wright at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1, or [email protected] or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
04 September 2020
Business Development Manager
- Remote, with frequent travel to London, U.K & Europe
- Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
Circa £55,000 plus commission (no cap)
17 June 2020
17 June 2020
Technical Support Engineer
- Cheltenham -
- £30,000 - £44,000
£30,000 - £44,000
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
23 September 2020
Electro-Mechanical Workshop Foreman
- Excellent salary and benefits package
Excellent salary and benefits package
15 September 2020
Trainee or Experienced Patent Administrator
- £22k minimum dependent on experience
£22k minimum dependent on experience
11 September 2020
Quality Assurance Lead
- 35k-45k subject to competences
35k-45k subject to competences
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering