Head of Software vacancy in Greater London (086bs)
|Region:||London and South East|
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, Security|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be providing technical leadership of a Software Engineering team of 25 engineers, within the Communication Systems team. You will be delivering on an exciting range of programmes running concurrently ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
Our client sees every employee as critical to their success and they offer a culture of teamwork and development, as well as the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Up to 4 x your annual salary in life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Flexible benefits package to suit your lifestyle (retail vouchers, GymFlex, employee share scheme, Cycle-to-Work scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Good transport links (in walking distance to London Underground Central Line stations)
- Onsite, subsidised canteen
- Social groups including five-a-side football, table tennis, squash and running
The successful head of software candidate will have:
- Previous experience of line management, resource management and implementing process improvements.
- Significant experience of embedded product development (bare-metal and RTOS) using best practice over the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience of Windows, Python and Linux application and driver development advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends.
- Experience of DOORS, TDD, GoogleTest, Jenkins, CodeSonar, JIRA, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or science-based subject desirable.
- Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, DV security clearance.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering