Field Engineer vacancy in North of England/Scotland (120ww)
|Location:||North of England/Scotland|
|Salary:||£26-35k subject to experience|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
They are looking for a Field Engineer to join their growing team, based in the North – North East or Scotland to cover the Northern part of the UK
They are currently going through a period of rapid growth and are looking for outstanding personnel to join the expanding team and they keen to support their team who want to better themselves and challenge themselves daily.
You will have a high level of ownership and responsibility of your work and you will be a respected member of the team.
Role: Field Engineer
Field role responsible for the installation of new Wi-Fi solutions and fixing/maintaining current wireless networks across the UK, on-site at customer locations
Location: Field based role [with occasional WFH/travel to Swansea Head office] to North East [Lincolnshire or surrounding area ideal]
Reporting to: Field Team Lead
Salary: Up to £26-35k subject to experience
Working hours: Permanent, Full time - 40 hrs. per week Mon- Fri
What you’ll be doing - main duties:
● Configuration and installation of wired (LAN, WAN) and wireless network (WLAN) solutions outdoor and indoor which includes point to point (PtP) and point to multipoint (PtMP) deployment, working at height on ladders, MEWP and small towers
● Installing, terminating, testing and fault finding of network and telecoms cabling
● Installing containment, steelwork, bracket and pole installations on all types of buildings
● Installing and configuring network cabinets and equipment (i.e. power, switches L2/L3, routers)
● Testing and validating WLAN designs using survey tools and techniques
● Supporting, troubleshooting and fault-finding LAN and WLAN
● Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of broadband
● Creating comprehensive and meaningful updates in ticket handling system
● Preparing documentation such as as-built installation information such as drawings, network diagrams and configurations
● Conducting site surveys and compiling WLAN designs. survey reports, bills of materials
● Providing handover and training with the customer
● Responsible for vehicle and workshop housekeeping, stocking and purchasing.
● Responsible for project management of his own work, including accommodation and other necessary provisions. including liaising with local contact or contactors on all aspects of installation plans
● Extensive travel within the UK
What they are looking for - key skills, Experience and Qualifications:
● Experience working in a customer-facing role
● Proven in-field experience with practical skills to use tools and equipment
● Competent with installing external steelwork, wall brackets, poles and fixtures and fittings
● Competent working on ladders, at height and using MEWP
● Excellent understanding of health and safety practice and conduct
● Competent with the installation of structured data cabling, data cabinets and patch panels.
● Competent running, terminating and testing fibre optic cables
● Five years plus experience designing, deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and administering wired and wireless networks
● Can demonstrate a good understanding of the configuring and deployment of networking equipment such as switches, wireless access points, broadband routers, network controllers, and POE
● Experience of Wireless Point to Point, Point to Multipoint deployment
● Experience in IP networking i.e. TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, RADIUS
● Experience with installing and troubleshooting WAN/broadband connectivity Ethernet/Fibre, ADSL, FTTC
● Experienced with indoor and outdoor network and Wi-Fi survey tools and interpretation of results
● Valid Full UK Driving Licence and use of a car (not required to use the vehicle for day to day work)
● Experience working at a WISP
● Relevant networking or wireless certification e.g. N+/CCNA, CWNA/T or vendor-specific etc
● Experience working hands on with Cambium, Ubiquiti, LigoWave, Siklu or equivalent
● Electrical or equivalent qualification
● Project management training or experience
● IPAF training/certification
● Health and safety qualification, such as IOSH
● Ability to quickly evaluate a situation and prioritise correctly
● Excellent attention to detail
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
● Strong communicators in order to collaborate successfully with network technicians, suppliers, customers and managers
● Able to plan own work and §time and highly organised
● Excellent communication skills, and written English and Maths
● Flexible attitude towards staying away from home is essential. Depending on work location, staying away from home for weeks at a time may be required
● Ability to work without supervision and work within a team
● Ability to supervise an apprentice and assist with their development
● 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays plus an additional birthday day
● Opportunity for ongoing training and development
● Company pension scheme
● Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks when at head office
● Perkbox perk scheme with discounts and freebies from some of the UK’s biggest brands
● Free broadband to home after 1 year in the role
● Use of company van, fuel card and credit card
• Normal 8hr Shift Monday - Friday
• Occasional weekend/Public holiday cover/working may be required
• Occasional overtime may be required
Other vacancies that you might be interested in.
23 March 2021
Business Development Executive – Cloud Solutions
- £35000 - £38000 + Commission + Car Allowance
£35000 - £38000 + Commission + Car Allowance
02 April 2021
Internal Sales Engineer
07 April 2021
Electrical Design Engineer
- Sutton Coldfield
- Up to £55k + Car Allowance
Up to £55k + Car Allowance
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
We are looking to fill the following vacancies as matter of urgency, click for more information and to apply.
11 May 2021
Cabinet Maker / Joiner
- £13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
£13 - £14 per hour, DOE, 40 hours a week plus overtime
27 April 2021
High Voltage - Senior Authorised Person
- Milton Keynes/Home Based
- Exceptional Salary
23 April 2021
Senior Sales & Business Development Executive
- Remote OR South East OR North West
- £45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
£45,000.00 - £60,000.00 OTE £70-£100k
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering