Technical Support – Networks (057jc)
|Sectors:||Cyber/IT Security, IT/Telecoms|
|Placed by:||Ex-Mil Recruitment|
You will be reporting to a team leader and your key responsibilities will include:
• Performing Firewall Configuration, troubleshooting and Administration
• Monitoring and maintaining switching infrastructure to agreed service levels
• Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
• Creating and performing authorised changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary
• Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
• Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the Datacentre
• Assist with acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
• Log calls with third party vendors (such as CISCO or Fortinet) and escalate when necessary
• Contributing to delivering team performance
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
• Minimum CCNA level accreditation
• Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
• Experience of working with Firewalls, VPN and NATS technologies
• Experience providing support to enterprise level clients
• Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong background with core network, computer and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
• Experience of enterprise grade networking environments including troubleshooting and support.
• ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
Due to the nature of some of my client’s operations, you will also need to be able to pass SC clearance or hold SC clearance.
In return they are offering a good basic salary and benefits package, as well as ongoing development, promotion and support as well as working within a company that is in the forefront of the sector, and your working hours will be 9.am – 5.30pm core hours, but potential working hours from 8am till 6pm but 37.5 hours total per week.
LATEST POSITIONS AVAILABLE
If you are ready for a new role and the next step in your career, take a look at our latest positions available and find your perfect fit. Whatever type of job you're looking for, your next role could be with one of these leading companies. Become a candidate at Ex-Mil Recruitment and apply today.
06 April 2020
Project Procurement Manager
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
Engineering Manager - Sonars & CM
- £ Competitive
06 April 2020
- £ Competitive
Jean Claude has been amazing in every step of the way, I’m currently two weeks into my new job a job that I never thought it was achievable..
Jean Claude give me the confidence I needed to do it very highly recommend
I have and many of my contacts have done business with J-C and Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd, every company HR's should use his business module it is excellent.
On retiring from the Army, I was most fortunate to find such an invaluable mentor as JC. His positive approach, professionalism and shrewd insights were essential factors in my successful job application. With his personal military experience combined with a comprehensive knowledge of civilian employment requirements and opportunities, he is especially well-placed to provide guidance, scope individual needs and identify employment possibilities.
I have found the process with you and your company to be nothing short of fantastic and you have simplified it in a way, that makes your company approachable. You are a straight forward man and there is no fluff around anything you say. This is refreshing in it's approach, as most recruitment companies tend to lead you down a garden path.
You are incredibly thorough and punctual, as well as caring about the individual that is applying through your company. I find this empathy, to be nothing short of incredible and it has really helped me to maintain realistic expectations, as well as being able to openly and honestly converse with you in ways that are simply not possible with any other recruitment company.
I hope your company goes from strength to strength and hopefully you become the first port of call for members that have transitioned out of the Military, as I believe there life would be much easier in doing so.
Ex-Mil proved to be a real-boost to our business by giving us an edge over our competitors when it came to recruitment. Lee, our consultant at Ex-Mil quickly worked to understand our business and requirements for the role, zeroing in on a number of suitable high-calibre candidates
Stephen Farrer, Geotechnical Engineering Limited
Ex-Mil Recruitment are an extremely professional recruitment company and sourced an excellent candidate who has become a successful and valued member of our team
Tim Harms, Touch Wood Enterprises Ltd
Having had a swift and effective kick-off meeting with Ex-Mil Recruitment our needs were swiftly understood. Within a week we were presented with a range of candidates for interview. Pleasingly, the individual that we subsequently recruited significantly exceeded our expectation for the role and has effectively "bought us" added capacity for the budgeted price of the role.
Stewart, General Manager (Operations), Service Company
Jean-Claude is a high-energy, dynamic professional who exemplifies the gold standard in the recruitment of ex-military professionals. Using his connections, intelligence and enthusiasm, he met the needs of every business requirement we set.
Michelle Waterson, Bartech Marine Engineering